Commission Junction, owned by Conversant Inc., is an online advertising company operating in worldwide affiliate marketing industry. CJ is one of the best Affiliate Programs. Signing up as an affiliate is free and costs nothing. Recommend the merchandise to your visitors and send them to the site where it is sold. If they buy that product, you get paid the pre-fixed commission. Amazon is being credited as the first company to completely develop the affiliate concept, and now almost all the companies have affiliate programs.
So today we will be discussing about Commission Junction, signing up, getting approval of advertiser and some other cool tips to make money.
What Is Commission Junction?
Commission Junction, owned and developed by Conversant Inc. is the leading system in terms of online affiliate marketing. It was founded in 1998 in Santa Barbara, California. CJ is an affiliate program that connects online publishers and advertisers. The idea is that, the Affiliate (Blogger) shows ads on their blogs in exchange for a commission whenever their visitors perform a specific action like subscribe, purchase, fill out forms, etc. It works on the basis of Cost Per Action.
How to Sign Up for Commission Junction?
Step 1: Go to the Commission Junction home page. Click on the Join button on the top right corner of the screen
Step 2: Select your currency, language, and country. Click on Next.
Step 3: After accepting the rules and regulations, you’ll be asked for some info about your blog/newsletter
- If you don’t have a website, make up a name for the eZine you intend to publish.
- You must name the newsletter if you don’t have a website.
Then you’ll be asked for your promotional methods. Click on “Website/Content” and “Search Engine Marketing” button.
- Click “No” on the radio button that asks if you want to donate all the proceeds to charity. (Unless you want to)
Then fill out rest of the information for creating your account. Attempt the page later again if you don’t have all the information you need. You have to give a tax identification or social security number if you are signing up as a company.
After filling out all the information, click on “Accept Terms”. Then check your inbox for an email for commission junction for your message of acceptance with the username and password.
How to Add Website Details in Account?
You need to add you website/blog URL to start working with the advertisers. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Go to “Account”. Click on “Website” from the drop down list
Step 2: Click on the “Add Website” button
Step 3: Fill out the required blog information. Then click on Save.
Step 4: You’ll see a message, “Website was successfully created”. That’s it!
What Next After Registration?
- After receiving the confirmation letter from CJ, go to www.cj.com and login with the username and password given in email. The home page shows your accounting info and account status
- Click on the “Advertisers” tab on the top left side of screen
- Choose a program and then click on “Get Links” option and you will be redirected to a page where you can find the CJ Advertisers List
- For joining an Affiliate, click on “View Links” in the box that has the name of subsidiary. You’ll be given various banners and links of that subsidiary. Choose one of them and click on it
- You’ll be presented a page with description of the program. Click on the “Join Program” option on the bottom of screen. Now wait. You might get accepted immediately or receive a message that you will be notified once your application is reviewed.
We hope you liked the article. Do share it with others! Leave your doubts in the comments section.