Android devices have enormous demand in market due to their low cost and great features. Android smartphones can be utilized as multipurpose gadgets. You can use them to surf internet, watch movies or play games. Though every mobile phone functions similarly, they all have different unique identities. Every mobile phone has a unique IMEI number attached to it to identify it on a network.
IMEI numbers come in handy to track our phone when it is lost or stolen. You can’t track your lost mobile phone without its IMEI number. So, it gets very important for everyone to find the IMEI number of the lost/stolen device. Though these methods can be used to find out the IMEI number of the phones after it is lost, I would recommend you to find and write down someplace the IMEI number of your phone beforehand.
Methods to track IMEI number of Lost Android Phone
1st Method: Find IMEI number using Google account
- You must be logged in from your Google account to your Android phone for this method to work.
- Now you need to access the internet from your PC or another smartphone.
- Go to google.com/settings/dashboard and hit enter.
- Login to your Google account which is signed in your Android cell phone.
- Google Dashboard will appear on your screen now.
- Now tap on the “Android” option.
7. A list will appear showing the name and IMEI numbers of all the smartphones linked to your Google account.
2nd Method: IMEI number From the Phone’s Packet Box
Whenever we purchase a mobile phone, it comes packed in a branded box. One side of the box contains all the information about the phone printed on it. It also include the IMEI number the device. Write the IMEI numbers of your device somewhere or make sure you have the box in your possession all the time.
Steps to Find IMEI numbers on your Android Phone
In case you haven’t lost your smartphone. Don’t just wait for it and follow the below methods to find and write down the IMEI numbers.
- You can easily find the IMEI of your Android device by dialing *#06#.
- Or you can go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status and IMEI number.