As we are in the advanced technical world, we used to spend more time on the internet to gather the information, to stay connected with family and friends and for many other reasons. But at times the speed sucks, we feel then how to increase internet speed and on the verge to use the fast internet for making the browsing much faster and in an easy manner.
So here are the
Tips on how to increase internet speed up to 20%
and browse much faster than you do usually.
Limiting Reservable Bandwidth
Your computer reserves a bandwidth limit. Any of us don’t know it. It is by default allocated to the system which includes 20-30% of your total internet speed.
- Open RUN command and type gpedit.msc and hit enter button
- Local policy group editor dialogue box appears on the screen
- Click on Administrative Templates folder and from the list QoS Packet Scheduler
- Double clicking on Limit reservable bandwidth opens a dialogue box
- By default, it is not configured. You have to enable it by clicking on Enabled
- Options pane, change the bandwidth limit from 20 to 0 and click ok.
- Now star your device and start using high-speed internet
Alternatively, you can use Device Manager settings
- Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and click on properties
- Click on Device Manager in the left pane of the window
- Device manager dialogue box appears and, check for Ports tab and expand it to find Communications Ports. Click on it and the properties dialogue box appears.
- Click on Port settings Change Bits Per Second to the maximum available value and Flow Control to Hardware.
- Save these settings and restart your PC to enjoy fast internet speed.
Through Google DNS
- Open Control Panel—->Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings from the left pane of the window.
- Select the connected network and right click on the network and select the properties
- Find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select the properties
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and use the preferred DNS server as 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 and click on OK to save the settings.
Use any of these settings to increase internet speed up to 20% and enjoy the fast internet.