It seems like the late upturn by Xbox One S towards the end of 2016 wasn’t enough to catch up with sales lead of PS4 in USA, as stated in games sales chart of Amazon in 2016.
The overall figures show that PS4 holds top 3 out of 5 positions for bundles and consoles sold at Amazon.
- PS4 Slim 500GB Uncharted 4 Bundle
- PS4 500GB Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Bundle
- PS4 Pro 1TB
- Xbox One S 500GB Battlefield 1 Bundle
- Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Bundle
The more demanded base of PS4 was also reflected in sales of accessories. The top 5 out of 10 items were related to PlayStation.
- $20 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- $10 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- $50 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership
- $60 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- Xbox $10 Gift Card
- $100 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- Xbox One Wireless Controller
- Nintendo 3DS AC Adapter
- 3-Month PlayStation Plus Membership
The games sales chart was more of a mixed catch. Though, Xbox One was able to bag only 4 out of 20 titles, compared to 12 for PS4.
- Pokemon Sun (3DS)
- Pokemon Moon (3DS)
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
- Uncharted 4 (PS4)
- Madden NFL 17 (Xbox One)
- Madden NFL 17 (PS4)
- Skyrim Special Edition (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (PS4)
- FIFA 17 (PS4)
- The Division (PS4)
- Battlefield 1 (Xbox One)
- Skyrim Special Edition (Xbox One)
- Battlefield 1 (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- No Man’s Sky (PS4)
- The Division (Xbox One)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
- Overwatch (PS4)
- Doom (PS4)
In early December 2016, Sony announced that it has sold more than 50 million gaming consoles worldwide, and expects to sell another 20 million consoles by the end of financial year. Microsoft has endorsed monthly wins in UK and USA over last 4 months but has declined to release any sales figures.
Despite the pre-announcement of Xbox Scorpio, Microsoft has seen a great response towards Xbox One S. This has boosted the confidence of company, with Aaron Greenberg saying that 2017 will be year of Project Scorpio in his tweet.
The company claims that this console will outmatch Sony’s next-gen console and deliver 4K gaming, and will be compatible with present library of Xbox One.