As these are smart phone days and apps play a vital role in smartphones, we tend to install useful apps. But, many of us are facing the problem of internal storage that makes us unable to install new applications on your Android devices. So here is a tip for you to use external SD card as an internal storage of your Android device.
If you plan on adopting an SD card as internal storage, you’ll want to first ensure you’re using a speed SD card. Not all SD cards are equal, and a slower SD card will slow down your apps and phone. It’s better to pay a few extra bucks for some speed SD cards. When adopting an SD card, Android will test check its speed and warn you if it’s too slow and if you continue neglecting the warning, it will negatively impact your device performance.
The two important ways to use an external SD card are
- as a portable device
- as an internal storage.
Mainly this function will work in the Android Marsh-mallow platform and above versions of it.
Using as a portable device
If you want to take back up of your photos now you can insert the SD card or an OTG Pen-drive. It will prompt you to select an option between the two. Select portable device. Now your pen drive acts as an internal storage for your Android device.
Using as an internal device
- First, go to settings—>‘Storage and USB’ in setting menu and select your external Micro SD card under the ‘Portable storage’ section.
- After selecting, you will be directed to the external micro-SD, locate the three-dot menu at the top-right and hit on ‘Settings’.
- Later, you will get four options. Choose ‘Format as internal’.
- You will see a screen saying that your micro-SD card will be erased completely and will only work on that particular device.
- Tap on‘Erase and Format’ option.
After finishing the process, your external SD card will now work as your internal storage.
Android’s improved support for Micro SD cards is nice, but you’re probably better off with speedy internal storage than a Micro SD card formatted to function as internal storage. Using class 10 SD card improves the rate of data transfer.